Among the various coffee producing regions of Guatemala , coffee from Fraijanes Volcano Region is characterized by its excellent taste and aroma, Typical of high altitude coffees. “Café Ravanales”, one of the finest of the region, is the result of over one hundred years of hard work and dedication to produce and to process the highest quality in which you can find:
– A delicious floral aroma
– With vibrant citric and bright persistence acidity
In 1894, the founding father of the plantation, Don Gregorio Zamora, committed himself to produce high quality coffee and at the same time established and since then followed Four Golden Rules:
1. Always use the best and the highest quality seeds suitable for high altitudes in addition to state of art agro-industrial technics.
2. Devote all efforts to the plantation and provide tender care to all the “cafetal” trees every day from sunrise to sundown; looking after the preservation and sustainability of all the natural resources of the region.
3. Process the coffee cherries at the plantation´s “beneficio”, carefully controlling the fermentation process, washing the beans using pure water from nearby springs, and drying the “pergamino” in open patios under the sun.
4. Every morning, Thank God for the gift of a new day, and at sundown Thank HIM again for allowed him to accomplish a day of hard work and infinite care of the “cafetal”.
Through the years, these rules became a tradition that has been closely followed by four generations. A strict adherence to the Golden Rules combined with the pride and dedication of the family, lead to produce a coffee with a quality that has achieved a top place shared only by the fine best coffees of Guatemala . Today, more than ever, we follow our tradition and truly believe that Don Gregorio would be very proud of “Café Ravanales”. In the name of our family, please allow us to offer the opportunity to introduce you to” Finca Rabanales” and to experience the exquisite pleasure of tasting the product of our own art.
|Farm Name||Santa Brbara|
|Farmer/Rep.||Ventura Zamora, Mario Rafael|
|Size (30kg boxes)||45|
|Aroma/Flavor||Caramel, Fruit, Almond, Green apple, Green tea, Jasmine, Lemon, Orange|
|Acidity||Citric, Complex, Fruit, Lemon|
|Variety||Mundo Novo Typica|
|Auction Lot Size (lbs.)||2926|
|High bidders||NAGAHAMA COFFEE Inc.|